Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Banks Suck, Part XVI

Why are these people getting bailouts?
Yesterday, I learned from my tax preparer that if we wanted to receive our refunds via electronic deposit rather than paper check, that the bank would charge $30 per transaction - that's a total of $60, because of state and federal returns.
Say what?
So, I quickly got on the horn and called my family's main financial institution - which so happens, thankfully, to be a credit union and not a corporate money-skimming bank.
The nice lady at the credit union kind of laughed and assured me that there would be no charge for having my tax returns deposited electronically.
To which I replied, ``that's why I belong to the credit union.''
Unfortunately, I also have a couple of accounts with some McBanks that I'm going to finally withdraw and close.
Bail that!

No comments: