Thursday, April 23, 2009

Battling Bands

FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!

Hey folks, come and join me at Hard Rock Cafe (almost said Park, oops!) as I judge the second round of the Ambassador of Rock Battle of the Bands on Friday night.
This not your run-of-the mill contest offering gift certificates to your neighborhood pizza parlor, rather what’s at stake is a pretty big deal: a chance to perform at the Hard Rock Calling festival at London’s Hyde Park on June 27-28. 
Friday's battling bands are Audio Saints, Echo Code, Freedom Street Prison, Sideways Derby and Stealing Anger. I'll be honest, I am only familiar with Sideways Derby, but at least I don't have any pre-conceived notions of what the bands will sound like, right?
Octopus Jones and Wonder Shakedown have already advanced to the May 1 finals, also at HRC.
So come join us and help make one of these band's dreams one step closer to reality.
Here's the best part: there is no cover charge. 
And it’s an all-ages show for all you kiddies out there.
The party gets started at 9 p.m.
Hard Rock Café is at 1322 Celebrity Circle, Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach. Call 946-0007 or visit www.hardrock.com.
If you show up, come by the judges' table and say "hi'' - I love to meet folks - and I love to get news tips on the local entertainment scene.

 

 





No comments: