Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finger Lickin' Tip

Let me first say that I have tremendous respect for the service industry as it plays a vital role in our economy here along the Grand Strand.

And when I receive excellent service, I tip accordingly, usually 20 percent or more.

But I had an experience the other night to make me stop and ponder whether tipping has gone too far.

After waiting for about 5 minutes in the drive thru at KFC in Surfside Beach before someone would take my order, I got to the window and paid with my debit card. Oops, let me backtrack, they were out of Original Recipe - what I usually order, so I had to get crispy instead.

Anyway, I get my bill to sign and return, and it has a slot for the tip. A tip? At KFC?

I've got a tip for 'em: make enough original recipe to last until closing time.

1 comment:

writingal said...

The tipping thing that gets me is when there is a tip jar at convenience stores or coffee shops. They don't bring anything to a table. They don't come check if I need anything else. Some of these places don't even have tables! So I'm expected to tip for ringing me up or making me a cup of joe?