Thursday, February 22, 2007

Welcome to the Land of Kentavo

Howdy campers,

I'm jumping into the wild world of blogging - so come along with me.

I intend to post some music clips here, along with photos (as soon as I figure out how), and discuss local (Mrytle Beach) music, news, politics, things that make you go hmmm, as well as chat about sports, pop culture, news about my favorite band, The Who, and also updates on the Grand Strand's nightlife scene, if I've had an awesome dinner here somewhere recently, and if I know about some cool new places to grab a brew - or six. Oh yeah, and I'll also offer some home improvement WHAT-NOT-TO-DO tips, share some experiences of being a new dad, and occasionally rail on things that piss me off. Basically, this blog will be a spin off from my ``Off The Cuff'' column featured in Weekly Surge (http://www.weeklysurge.com/) every week.


My first item: I just read on Pete Townshend's blog that he and former SNL comic Jimmy Fallon are developing a movie script together. I'm not sure whether to believe this or if ol' Pete is yanking everyone's chain. What do you guys think?


Item numero dos: I just caught another trailer of ``Spider-Man 3'' on TV, and I'm starting to get jazzed about the May 4 opening. I'm intrigued to find out how and what turns the Spidey uniform black, and also I can't wait to see Thomas Hayden Church as ``The Sandman'' Flint Darko. Anybody out there wishing these movies would bring such great villains as Electro and The Scorpion to life, too? Too bad there can't be a live action weekly ``Spider-Man'' on TV now that technology has advanced to make it more believable. Oh well, at least there's the Silver Surfer to look forward to in the new ``Fantastic Four'' movie.

Last item (for now): Who out there is ready for baseball season? I wish I had the time and money to go to spring training. One of these days, I will make it. I feel like my Atlanta Braves are going to return to the playoffs this year with a strengthened bullpen. But I'm not sold on reliever Rafael Soriano acquired from Seattle - something smells fishy. The guys who have trouble showing up to spring training on time always throw up a red flag for me. If you're a Braves fan, you gotta check out beat writer Dave O' Brien's blog at www.ajc.com.

Okay, gotta hit the trail.

Kentavo

1 comment:

Timothy C. Davis said...

I think Soriano's gonna be fine....can he be any worse than Chad Paronto? PS: looking forward to a Kraven The Hunter vehicle soon....